Monday, September 22, 2008

Meal Plan Monday - September 22nd


I apologize for the lateness of this post and forgetting to post the recipe for last week's Shepherd's Pie. Time just flew by last week and it's been super hectic. I'm sure you all are the same way. Anyways this week's theme is "Tried and True" over at the Organized Junkie so I'll be using recipes that I've tried and our family loves! Well ok somewhat, I've always got to have a few experiments a week right ;) And since it's going to be crazy this week I'm going to go ahead and do my full 2 week menu, like I always do but usually only post them 1 week at a time.

Monday
Dinner: Turkey Bolognese, side salad and garlic breadsticks

I want to use up the rest of the marinara sauce we made a few weeks ago and I know it needs to be something hearty that can stand up to the robust sauce. Since the recipe was from Giada, we'll use a recipe of hers.
Recipe and photo courtesy of FoodNetwork

Tuesday

Dinner: Chicken Stir-Fry

The ultimate quick fix meal at our house. I use store bought frozen stir-fry veggies and frozen boneless skinless chicken tenders. I've got a meal in less than 15 minutes. Make it even healthier and use brown rice.

Wednesday
Dinner: La Bamba Casserole (serve with tortilla chips if you want)

This is definitely a "tried and true" recipe at my house. It has my hubby's favorite staples AND its healthy for you. A great alternative for those looking to stay away from breads (carbs), it's just meat, beans and veggies! Made with ground turkey you could easily use ground chicken as well.

Recipe and photo courtesy of CookingLight


Thursday
Dinner: Leftovers

It's season preimer week and I'm so excited! My favorite shows are finally back on and I plan on being glued to my tv tonight. So we'll be eating up all those yummy leftovers.

Friday

Dinner: Chicago Style Pizza and ceasar salad

This recipe is a great win for adults and kids alike. It comes together in a few simple steps and tastes great. And its a perfect alternative to your favorite greasy pizza. You can mix it up by using either turkey or chicken sausage, store-bought breakfast sausage or make your own.

Recipe and photo courtesy of CookingLight





Saturday
Breakfast: "lego my ego" blueberry waffles and sausage patties
Lunch: Oktoberfest so we'll pick something up there
Dinner: prolly grab something on the way home



Sunday
Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole
Dinner: Dinner at Parents' house

This satisfying recipe is perfect to make for weekend guests. Assemble and refrigerate the casserole the night before, and just pop it in the oven the next morning. Look for turkey sausage near other breakfast-style sausage in the frozen foods section.

Recipe and photo courtesy of CookingLight


Monday
Dinner: Sizzling Salmon Salad

This salad is a great way to jump start your week. With a bed of spinach, corn with red bell peppers and button mushrooms you can't help but feel good about eating good. Plus we eat with our eyes and this feast is a sure sight!


Recipe and photo courtesy of CookingLight




Tuesday
Dinner: Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

I've got leftover chicken drumsticks so I think we'll finish them up with this great recipe. It's a firehouse tried and true, so you know it's gotta be good. And of course the original called for hours in front of the stove but I just don't have that kind of time so a few shuffles and I'll be dumping it in the crockpot.

Recipe and photo courtesy of FoodNetwork

Wednesday
Dinner: Leftovers
The hubby and I are finally going on vacation, leaving Friday morning so we need to clean out the fridge. Definitely don't want to come home to a stinky fridge.

Thursday
Dinner: Eat out or leftovers

Same as Wednesday night, besides my favorite shows will be on and I'll be glue to the tube while I'm packing the cooler for our trip!

Friday
Breakfast: Breakfast burritos for on the road
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Dinner at Devil's Pool Restaurant

Saturday
Breakfast: Muffins
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Dinner at the Worman Steakouse

Sunday
Breakfast: Brunch
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: pick something up on the road

So here's our 2 week shopping list!

No comments: