Menu: Crockpot Chicken Piccata, garlic mashed potatoes and seasoned peas
Crockpot Chicken Piccata
4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
1/4 cup drained capers
1/2 can of diced tomatoes
Set your crockpot on low for 6 to 8 hours, depending on your time requirements.
- Place chicken in zip-top bags and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4-inch thick.
- Remove chicken from bag and season all over with salt and black pepper.
- In a shallow dish (or plastic bag), combine flour, lemon zest, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix well. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Remove chicken from flour mixture and shake off excess flour.
- Add chicken to crockpot. Add lemon juice, wine and chicken broth. Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes and capers.
- Allow to cook thoroughly, once chicken is cooked through you're ready to serve. If the sauce is too running use the cornstarch trick.
Photo courtesy of FoodNetwork.com