Monday, September 1, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - September 1st


Last week's menu went off primarily without a hitch. The only night that got shuffled around was Friday, because I didn't feel like cooking so we ordered a pizza instead. And then made the breakfast pizza for breakfast instead! On Saturday evening we ended up trying out a new restaurant down the street, Lochrann's. It was amazing! It's a traditional Irish pub and they serve traditional Irish items like Shepherd's Pie and Corned Beef Sandwiches. I had a sandwich called the Lochrann and I fell in love, I keep talking about how yummy the Guinness gravy is. I'm going to try to recreate it this week. This upcoming weekend will be kind of hectic since I won't be home alot. I'll be checking on my parents' dog while they're out of town and then I've got a wedding to work on Sunday so the boys will be fending for themselves, hopefully without much fuss because I'll have quick meals for them to reheat.

Monday - Labor Day!
Breakfast: Cereal
Labor Day Party:
  • Bush's Baked Beans








Photos and recipes courtesy of FoodNetwork.com


Tuesday
Dinner: Salmon Cakes with Creamy Ginger-Sesame Sauce and Asian-Style 3 Bean Salad

A fresh take on the traditional salmon patties. Out with the fat and in with the cool and healthy. I'm serving it with a heaping full of antioxidants and energy.

Photo and recipe courtesy of FoodNetwork.com



Wednesday
Dinner: Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish style rice & a kicked up salad

I saw this yummy recipe on Kim's blog and knew we just had to try it out. It sounds perfect for my husband who loves anything that is cooked in a casserole dish and contains salsa and tortillas.

I'll serve it up with quick and easy boxed rice and a tradi
tional Mexican restaurant style salad of avocado, tomatoes and lettuce.

Photo and recipe courtesy of Kim

Thursday
Dinner: Crockpot Bourbon Chicken, broccoli

This recipe is known as "crack over rice" by a group of my friends. It's so good you'll become addicted to it and keep coming back for more. This will be our first official time trying the infamous recipe by Katie. And as usual we'll be adapting to the crockpot instead.

Photo and recipe courtesy of Katie

Friday
Dinner: FFY

My parents are oot so I'll be stopping by their house after work to look after their puppy Taylor. I'll be spending the night so that I can feed her in the morning as well, so the boys will be left to their own defenses, heaven help them.

Saturday
Breakfast: FFY
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: "Take Me Back to Ireland" Sandwich with chips

Traditional beef tips sauteed with caramelized onions, Guinness gravy served over a hot toasted hoagie with melted Swiss cheese.

Sunday
Breakfast: FFY
Lunch: FFY
Dinner: Crockpot meal? Will figure out in a bit and post.

No shopping list this week, the template's at work and I don't have much time to recreate it today. I'll update it on Tuesday.

As always, stay turned for the recipes to be posted bright & early each morning, or the night before.

No comments: