Menu: Wild Berry Pancakes and maple sausage patties
3 C. whole milk (you could probably use 2% or even skim as a substitute, but WHY?)
3 Tbs. lemon juice
2 C. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. fine sea salt
3 Tbs. sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
A splash of vanilla
1 ½ C. mixed wild berries, fresh or frozen
- Combine milk with lemon juice in a medium-sized mixing bowl and let sit.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix eggs, melted butter, and vanilla with the milk.
- Preheat griddle over medium-low heat and lightly butter.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ones and whisk lightly just until combined (batter should still be lumpy).
- Pour batter onto pre-heated griddle to desired pancake size and sprinkle top with berries.
- When bubbles rise to the surface, flip pancake and cook 1 or 2 minutes longer until golden brown.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar.
Plate your pancakes and patties. Make sure to have an ice cold glass of milk ready and waiting 'cause you'll need something to cut the sweet stickiness of this sweet-tooth fixer.
Photo courtesy of taylorkoa22