Crockpot Pepper Steak & Rice
- 1 lb of round steak
- 2 tbsp of chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp of white or yellow onion
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil (I use EVOO)
- 1 cup of rice (I used brown)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- salt & pepper to taste
Set crockpot to low, either 8 or 10 hours depending your time needs
- Take steak and place between 2 sheets of ceran wrap and pound vigerously until meat is very thin. Doesn't that feel good, go on get all your frustrations out. Dang dog, dang husband, stupid clothes that don't fit anymore! Omit this step if your meat has already been prepared this way, though I'd suggest doing it yourself since its lots of fun.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Coat steaks in flour and place on bottom of crockpot.
- Next chop your onion and bell pepper and add to crockpot.
- Add rice and open can of tomatoes pouring on top of rice. Add the evoo and cover.
- Occasionally check and stir mixture together.
- Once rice has been cooked to your desired texture, plate and serve.