Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Big Cedar Resort

I'm really excited, the hubby and I are finally going to get away. We haven't gone on vacation or even a weekend getaway in about 3 years! And that was just to good old San Antonio, don't get me wrong we had a blast but staying in Texas doesn't really constitute as a vacation. But this October we're taking a long weekend and heading up to one of the most beautiful spots for hiking and taking in fall foliage and serene waterfronts. We'll be staying at Big Cedar Resort just outside of Branson Missouri. I'm looking forward to a fun time relaxing in the cool crisp air of Table Rock Lake and just look how beautiful this place is....


It's called Big Cedar Resort and it's a Bass Pro Shops vacation club resort. We got a really great deal by signing up to visit and hear a 90 minute sales pitch (of which we have no intention of buying).

We're staying at the Falls Lodge, which is were my parents stayed a few years back and said was absolutely breathtaking. Which from this picture I can only imagine, and the sound most be so soothing too.


I'm planning on doing lots of hiking and possibly going horseback riding or taking a wagon ride out to an old time campfire roast. I know the hubby is going to love fishing in the well stocked lake, and I've always wanted to try my hand at fly fishing. I'm just so excited I can't wait!

No comments: