Crockpot Venison Stroganoff
1 to 2 lbs of cubed venison (or beef)
1 small yellow or red onion (doesn't really matter)
1 small can of mushrooms
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup of flour
salt & pepper to taste
3 cups of egg noodles
Set crockpot to low, either 8 to 10 hours depending on your time needs.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Coat meat in flour mixture and place of bottom of crockpot.
- Slice onion into medium thick rings or half rings and add to crockpot.
- Open, drain and add mushrooms to crockpot.
- Add soup and dry soup packet, gently stir together to cover the meat.
- Once meat has browned to the bottom of the pot, mix all ingredients together freely scraping up the bits to add flavor, continue cooking and occasionally stirring.
- 30 minutes prior to serving add the sour cream and continue cooking, while preparing the noodles.
- Once noodles are done, plate and serve over the noodles. Garnish with parsley if you desire.
*Picture is from cookinglight.com, I could never dream of taking such a great picture and if I had attempted to take a picture of this meal it would surely have looked like dog poo or vomit and non so appetizing.