Mixed Berry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice CreamThis is an adaptation of a few recipes to accommodate what I had in the kitchen.
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons whiskey
Bisquick or other brand baking mix
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl, toss the fruit with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and zest, and whiskey. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare 4 to 6 servings of bisquick mix, recipe on box.
- Pour berry mixture into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto berry mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the berry mixture is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, spoon out and serve with vanilla ice cream.