Monday, July 12, 2010

July Freezer Cooking

With 100 degree plus temps around here I'm really working to utilize my "pre-made" meals and crockpot. I've also found that if I can time things well, I can do some oven/stovetop cooking in the early morning before the temps soar. So this has meant that I've really started doing FREEZER COOKING once again. It came in handy when Cody was first born and I'm finding it useful again. The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding summertime recipes that really work for freezer cooking.

In addition to freezer cooking I've been testing my veggie variety. We been participating in a local CSA and I've gotten some great new veggies to experiement cooking with. Since I don't know what I get in each basket until I pick it up, it's thrown my meal planning for a loop.

However here's my tenative freezer cooking plan for July....

Breakfasts/Breads/Snacks
Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Cups (x2) (1 batch sausage, 1 batch bacon)
Cinnamon Rolls (x3) (using Paula Deen's Recipe)
Frozen Fruit Cups
Chocolate Butterhorns
Zucchini Bread
Sausage Cheese Biscuits

Lunches/Dinners
Beef & Bean Chimichanga Meat
Empanadas
Calzones
Ham, Cheese and Corn Muffins (I'm adding frozen corn to this recipe)

I'm sure I'll find a few more things to add along the way, and as always I'll prolly make some spaghetti meat sauce or sloppy joes to keep on hand.

No comments: