Thursday, August 14, 2008

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Thank the heavens there's a break in the 100 degree temperatures! I can finally use my oven and stove again. To celebrate this glorious occasion I plan on fixing a super yummy pizza. This recipe goes way back to my college days of experiment cooking. I found this recipe and of course what college student doesn't love pizza, so I had to try it. My roomies were thoroughly impressed and so was I. Everyone I make this pizza for can't believe that it doesn't have any bbq sauce in it and neither will your taste buds.

Menu: BBQ Chicken Pizza, corn on the cob, and a yummy glass of white wine/Chardonnay.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Ingredients:
1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
3/4 cup tomato chutney
2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
2/3 cup diced plum tomato
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped green onions







  1. Preheat oven to 450°.
  2. Place crust on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 3 minutes. Remove from oven; spread chutney over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. If you're using your own chutney be sure to drain the juice from the tomatoes as you place them on the crust, otherwise you'll end up with soggy crust.

  3. Top chutney with chicken. Sprinkle diced tomato, cheese, and green onions evenly over chicken. Bake at 450° for 9 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut pizza into 6 wedges.


Note: If you can't find tomato chutney, make your own. And I highly suggest that you choose this option. Combine 2 cups diced plum tomato, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon JamaicaƱ jerk seasoning, and 1 minced garlic clove in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 20 minutes or until thickened.

Serve with your corn on the cob and you've turned pizza night into a dinner grown ups and kids alike will love.


Recipe and picture courtesy of my favorite website CookingLight.com

No comments: